A Satisfied Customer is our Number 1 Goal
- The engine warranty covers block, heads, and all internals. Bolt-on accessories, wiring and sensors are not warranted.
- We are not responsible for improper installation and or labor charges.
- All returned parts or cancelled orders are subject to a 25% handling and restocking fees plus customer assumes all shipping costs.
- In the event that the buyer defaults in the terms of payment, the buyer agrees to reimburse SWE for all costs and attorney fees it incurs in collection action.
- Mis-ordered or mis- diagnosed parts are non-refundable.
- We do not assume towing, shipping, transportation, and car rental cost.
- Usual delivery time is about 7-14 working days but due to some unusual circumstances please allow additional time.
- All residential deliveries incur a $75 shipping charge, unless agreed to otherwise.
- Extended warranty will be activated upon notification of installation of part.
- Engine or transmission must be installed AND warranty activated within 10 business days of delivery OR ALL WARRANTIES WILL VOIDED. Falsifying information will automatically void your warranty.
- Exchanges or Store credits only after the part has been in customer possession for more than 30 days.
- Although SWE makes every effort to make the part look as nice as possible before it ships no warranty or guarantee is made towards the appearance of that part.
- Make sure to inspect all parts before signing for them on delivery.
- The stated mileage is not guaranteed and is correct to the best of our knowledge.
- We do not warranty oil leaks/damage on engines or transmissions due to non replaced seals, gaskets or filters.
- OEM auto parts are interchangeable with multiple years, makes and models which means the same part is an exact fit for multiple makes and models as determined by OEM standards. We guarantee the part we sell to fit your vehicle.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Any engine and transmission returned not in the same assembled condition as it was received will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Engines are tested, visually inspected and cleaned.
CONDITIONS THAT WILL VOID WARRANTIES:
If the item is improperly installed.
If the item is used for racing.
If the item is operated without proper lubrication or cooling regardless of the reason.
Engine Warranty - Full Detail
SWE warrants to the original purchaser that each used engine sold by SWE shall be free from knocking, excessive oil consumption and cracks in the block, subject to the following terms and conditions.
Engine: As used herein, the term engine shall mean, a used engine assembly (basic block, cylinder head and internal components) supplied by SWE of the original manufacturer - Everything else is left on for convenience purposes only.
Subject to the limitations listed herein, SWE at its option will either give the customer another engine of the like kind and quality, if available from SWE stock or refund the purchase price if SWE agrees engine defective. SWE will not be responsible for any labor cost incurred by the customer.
This warranty applies only to the used Engine. This warranty shall not apply to or include the following:
- Repair or replacement required as a result of any accident or misuse.
- Repair or replacement of any engine item, including specifically, without limitation, to all components of the cooling, fuel, electrical, engine control system, and all ignition system components, belts, hoses and filters.
- Any engine used for competition racing or related purposes.
- Any engine which has been repaired or remodeled to which any device or accessory not conforming to original manufacturer specifications has been installed.
- Warranty DOES NOT apply to any engine damaged as a result of overheating or lack of lubrication. The warranty will be void on any engine returned with the heat tabs missing or melted out. Heat tabs will melt at 260 degrees and above.
- Any warranty repairs must be authorized by SWE and will be handled on a case by case basis.
- If we elect to replace your engine with another engine, the replacement is considered to be a repair of the original unit. YOUR ORIGINAL DATE OF INSTALLATION and MILEAGE AT THAT TIME REMAIN IN EFFECT.
- CVT transmissions are not eligible for extended parts and labor warranty.
ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS & OWNER/USER OBLIGATIONS FOR THIS WARRANTY TO REMAIN IN EFFECT.
- Engine oil and filter MUST be changed at the first 1,000 miles after installation and remaining oil and filter changes to follow manufacturers suggested schedule. (Official Service Center Records must be kept - No personal maintenance records are accepted. (Hand written etc.)
- Oil and temperature light/gauge and speedometer MUST be in proper working order
- New thermostat MUST be installed
- New timing belt must be installed (if applicable)
**FAILURE TO PERFORM THE ABOVE OPERATIONS VOIDS WARRANTY**
The liability of SWE is solely and exclusively limited to supplying a replacement engine if available or refunding purchase price. SWE does not assume and has no liability for labor costs or replacement of oil or anti-freeze, damage to other engine parts or components towing charges, telephone calls, freight, lost profits, lost time, substitute transportation or replacement vehicle or any other consequential damages. SWE has no responsibility for any failure resulting from improper installation, modification of the product faulty or incompatible parts and accessories and/or abnormal use of operation.
SWEngines sells used automobile engines and transmissions, not used automobiles.
State and federal laws regulate odometer mileage for most used automobiles, but odometer mileage determinations for used engines and engine parts are not practically possible, and are not subject to known state and federal laws. Determination of mileage use for used engines or transmissions cannot be done with certainty because these engines and transmissions are routinely sold and transferred separate and apart from the original vehicle in which they were installed. Therefore all representations of mileage are estimates based upon information and belief.
SWEngines does, however, offer extensive engine and transmission part warranties regardless of mileage, relying upon SWEngines expertise evaluation of its products.
In the event that the Buyer defaults in the terms of payment, the Buyer agrees to reimburse SWE for all cost and reasonable attorney fees it incurs in a collection action.
We do NOT accept anything Freight Collect.
3 Year Part & Labor: Terms and Conditions
FOR USED ENGINES
COVERAGE INFORMATION: Coverage expires 36 months from purchase date or 36,000 miles from odometer at time of used engine installation; whichever comes first.
***PLEASE NOTE*** WARRANTY BENEFITS ARE NOT ACTIVE UNTIL CUSTOMER ACTIVATES WARRANTY
Extended (parts and labor) warranty coverage begins on the 14th day & 501st mile after the part is installed. Warranty must be activated within 10 business days of delivery OR ALL WARRANTIES WILL VOIDED. Falsifying information will automatically void your warranty.
You will be able to activate your warranty online from the link we will provide in your order confirmation email.
ENGINE: The following components of gasoline or diesel engines: pistons pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, hydraulic lifters and rocker arm shafts. The engine block and cylinder heads are covered only if damaged by a covered component.
SEALS & GASKETS: Seals and gaskets are replaced only if part of repair or replacement of covered components. Leaking gaskets or seals are not covered.
GENERAL, KEY TERMS & CONDITION:
REPLACEMENT PARTS (INCLUDING ENGINE): The engine must be installed within 10 days of its receipt. A new thermostat and timing belt must be installed at the time of engine installation. Any claims occurring prior to receiving such funds will be considered pre-existing and will not be covered.
In case of a total breakdown of a part or engine, the administrator’s obligation is limited to repairing or replacing broken covered components. It is the administrator’s decision to replace the engine or to replace part(s) that are covered under this contract. If replacement of an engine is required and a replacement engine is not available we reserve the right to pay in cash the cost of replacement engine’s value. If the engine needs to be replaced under the coverage of this contract, SWE has the option to replace the said engine with another used assembly of like kind and quality, or paying the contract holder the SWE wholesale replacement engine cost. SWE will not be responsible for any freight cost incurred. Replacement of any parts or engine will be done only once under this contract.
REFUND PROCEDURES: This product warranty is not cancelable or refundable.
TRANSFERABILITY: This product warranty is not transferable to another purchaser or another engine.
ADMINISTRATOR’S RIGHTS TO TERMINATE BENEFITS: In the event of a claim, administrator reserves the right to terminate the benefits of this product warranty upon the discovery of fraud or misrepresentation of a material fact by the purchaser or the purchaser’s representative. Evidence of fraud or misrepresentation is forwarded to the proper state and federal authorities. Any vehicle used in the commission of a crime will have all benefits terminated.
- Change oil every 3,000 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first after the initial oil change and product installation. This must be done by a commercial lubrication facility.
- Purchaser may not have their required maintenance performed by a service facility that is owned or operated by the purchaser. Purchasers cannot perform their own maintenance for product warranty requirements.
- Acceptable records documenting purchaser’s adherence to the vehicle manufacturer’s required maintenance are required in the event of a claim.
- Acceptable records must be: issued on the date of maintenance, issued in the name of purchaser, be signed by purchaser, be electronically generated, issued by the commercial lubrication service facility performing the maintenance, include mileage, date, vehicle identification number, year, make, and model, and include a record of payment and service performed. Any handwritten information on records, receipts or repair orders, pertaining to or documenting required maintenance are not acceptable.
- Breakdown or failure of any listed covered component prior to benefit activation is not covered.
- Any and all claims or damage resulting from: abuse, negligence, freezing, overheating of any type, failure to maintain proper coolant, fluid, refrigerant, or lubrication levels, personal damages, per diem expenses, storage fees, medical expenses, telephone or rental charges, fire, flood, vandalism, theft, collision, acts of GOD, competition or racing, usages not approved by the vehicle manufacturer, improper load capacity, or improper towing, damages caused by contaminated fluids, coolants, or lubricants for any reason, misuse, road conditions, riots or acts of war. Excessive oil consumption and diminished performance are not covered. Leaking seals, gaskets or fittings are not covered. Vehicle components that require normal manufacturer’s recommended replacement intervals are not covered. Benefits are not active until all applicable fees or installment payment plan confirmation has been received by the administrator. Benefits are not active until the customer calls to activate warranty
- Pre-existing conditions and problems that occur prior to the benefit activation date and mileage are not covered. Covered components that are worn or burned but NOT broken are not covered. Broken covered components are defined as components that have cracked or separated into pieces. Covered components that are flaking or have been damaged by excessive heat or scoring are not covered.
- Any component not listed as a covered component, is not covered. Damage to a covered component due to non covered component failure is not covered.
- Incidental and consequential damages are not covered.
- Vehicles with: a non-functioning odometer, a diesel engine manufactured before 1990, a rotary engine, alterations not approved by the manufacturer including, but not limited to, oversized or undersized tires and lift kits, and vehicles used for commercial purposes are not eligible for coverage under this product warranty.
- Claims occurring outside the United States are not covered.
- Once a claim has been initiated, the purchaser may not continue to operate the vehicle until a claim decision has been made. Continued operation will void the claim.
- Any work or repair done to vehicle without prior written authorization from administrator is not considered an authorized claim.
- Warranty will void if the part is used for racing, operated without proper fluids, or a melted heat tab.
- Freight is not paid under this contract on any parts or engine claims.
- Towing & diagnostic charges are not paid under this contract.
- Breakdown or failure means totally inoperable. It does not mean a decrease or gradual reduction in the parts performance due to normal or abnormal wear and tear.
- Breakdown caused by mechanical alterations not meeting manufacturer’s specifications.
- Breakdowns covered by factory recall.
- Any covered part which is not broken or inoperable, which a repair facility recommends or required to be repaired or replaced.
- Breakdowns to a covered part already replaced under the contract.
- Liability for tear down is the customer’s responsibility.
- Defective parts must be made available for inspection upon the claims administrator’s request.
- Breakdown caused by excessive wear and tear for the year and mileage of vehicle are not covered under this contract.
- Warranty is voided if heat tab is melted, or if engine has no heat tab at time of claim.
- Breakdowns covered by manufacturer warranty or recall, distributor or repairers guarantee, any other written warranty, government or court orders, decrees or settlements, or any valid or collectable insurance policy.
- Improper engine installation.
- We do not warranty oil leaks/damage on engines or transmissions due to non replaced seals, gaskets or filters.
LIMITED LIABILITY FOR ENGINES:
Parts and labor warranty begins on the 14th day & 501st mile after the part is installed. Warranty must be activated within 10 business days of delivery OR ALL WARRANTIES WILL VOIDED. Falsifying information will automatically void your warranty.
SWE will reimburse the repairer up to $50.00 per hour for the repair of a part or assembly. These charges shall not exceed (a) 100% of the part price as indicated on your original invoice, and (b) applicable numbers of hours derived from labor allowances from nationally recognized labor time allowance manuals.
Limit of liability is $2,500 (aggregate) or the actual cash value of vehicle whichever is the lesser amount at time of claim as determined by the low book amount in either KBB or the NADA Guide at company’s discretion.
Customer with warranty related questions can contact the warranty department by calling 1(866)319-1058 ext. 2063 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.